#BringBacktheBees – Packaging Terms & Conditions
Program Terms and Conditions
1. Eligibility: #BringBacktheBees (“Program”) is open to legal residents of United Kingdom, eighteen (18) years old or older.Void where prohibited.
2. Sponsor: Burt’s Bees, Inc. (“Sponsor”), 1221 Broadway, Oakland, CA, 94612. Charitable Organization: British Beekeepers Association (the BBKA is a registered charity: England and Wales no. 212025)
3. Charitable Purpose: The money raised through this Program will help The British Beekeepers Association through it’s Adopt a Beehive Charitable Scheme to plant bee-friendly wildflower seeds in selected areas in the United Kingdom. Through this Program, Sponsor will provide The BBKA with a monetary donation of£10,000 to be used to plant wildflower seeds (creating bee-friendly habitats).
4. Timing: The Program begins on 1st March and ends when the goal has been reached, so when we have sold 17,250 units of the limited edition Lip Balm.
5. How to Participate: purchase any qualifying #BringBacktheBees Lip Balm, as listed below. For every purchase of qualifying Lip Balm, sponsor will donate £10,000 to British Beekeepers Association (the BBKA is a registered charity: England and Wales no. 212025), and through it’s Adopt a Beehive Charitable Scheme. Qualifying Special Edition Lip Balms that contain the #BringBacktheBees graphics on packaging include the following, which are described at the listed site: StrawberryLip Balm
6. Donation Terms: At the beginning of the program on 1st March, will provide Charitable Organisation with the monetary donation of£10,000. Information concerning the Charitable Organisation, including financial, licensing and charitable purpose information, may be obtained without cost by writing to the Charitable Organization https://www.bbka.org.uk/contact/.
7. Release: By participating, participant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Hello World, Inc., CharitableOrganisation, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and suppliers, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Program.
8.General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Program, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Program, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the operation of the Program or to be acting in violation of these Terms and Conditions or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive
manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Program may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages (including attorneys’ fees) and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
9. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by participants, typographical, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in the Program; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software, or lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions; (3) unauthorised human intervention in any part of the Program; (4) other errors or problems of any kind relating to or in connection with the Program, whether printing, typographical, technical, computer, network, mechanical, or human error or otherwise, which may occur in the administration of the Program, the processing of qualifying purchaser in any Program-related materials; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, delayed, inaccurate, garbled, damaged or stolen sales data; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participation in the Program.
10. Disputes: Except where prohibited, participant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Program shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Program, and in no event will entrant be permitted to obtain attorneys’ fees or other legal costs; and (3) under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Terms and Conditions, or the rights and obligations of the participant and Sponsor in connection with the Program, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.