The Official Burt’s Bees / Niomi Smart Lipstick Event UK Terms & Conditions
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. CONTEST IS OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED KINGDOM, EXCLUDING NORTHERN IRELAND, 18 AND OLDER. THIS PROMOTION IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED, ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, INSTAGRAM. INTERNET ACCESS REQUIRED. BY ENTERING THE PROMOTION, PARTICIPANT UNDERSTANDS THAT HE/SHE IS PROVIDING INFORMATION TO THE PROMOTER. THIS INFORMATION COULD FURTHER BE USED FOR OTHER MARKETING ACTIVITIES AND DOES NOT REQUIRE PARTICIPANT’S PRIOR PERMISSION.
To enter, participants must submit an entry via commenting on the contest post on Niomi Smart’s Instagram page, tagging @BurtsBeesUK and using the hashtag #TrueForceOfNature
The Promoter of the competition is Burts Bees, Eton House – 2nd Floor, 18-24 Paradise Road, Richmond, TW9 1SE, UK
- The Contest begins on MONDAY 27TH NOVEMBER at 5:00 PM GMT and ends on THURSDAY 30TH NOVEMBER 2017 at 12:00 PM GMT. The entries must be entered within this time frame to be valid.
- There are 10 pairs of tickets to be won to the Niomi Smart Lipstick event at Boots, Manchester Trafford Centre.
- Ten (10) entries, as selected by Fuse, based on the criteria, will win a pair of tickets each to the Niomi Smart Lipstick Event.
- The winners will be selected randomly, based on the criteria and notified via the @BurtsBeesUK Instagram account on Thursday 30th November. The decision of the judges is final and binding in all matters and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The prizes are as stated and there are no alternatives or cash substitutes. The winner will be given 24 hours to respond and provide their details, via personal Instagram message, after the announcement of the winners.
- The winners must be prepared to take part in publicity accompanying or resulting from the competition. No additional compensation will be awarded for such promotional activities.
- Contest is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 or over, excluding residents of Northern Ireland, employees of the Promoter or anyone else professionally connected with this promotion. Entrant must have a shipping address in the UK in order to participate in the Promotion.
- Multiple entries by a single entrant are not permitted and limits to one per email address. Any attempt by any entrant to upload more than one entry per product by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that Entrant’s Entries and the Entrant may be disqualified, at Promotor’s sole discretion. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Entrants must have permission from all individuals that appear in an Entry (if any) to use their name and likeness in the Entry and to grant the rights set forth herein. If requested, Entrant must be able to provide such permissions in a form acceptable to Promotor.
- In the event of a dispute over who submitted an entry, the authorised owner of the email address associated with the entry, as of the actual time of entry, will be deemed to be the Entrant.
- Entrants agree to and understand that Entry will be made available to the public, including without limitation, posting on Burt’s Bees website or social media. Whether or not Entries are published on the Internet, Promotor does not covenant or guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any Entries.
- Each Entry must be an original creation of the submitting Entrant which is under no restriction, contractual or otherwise, that will prevent Promotor’s use of the Entry and each Entry must be free of any and all liens, encumbrances and claims of third parties. Entrant acknowledges, agrees and warrants that, nothing in the Entry contains any copyrights, confidential information, trade secrets or trademarks belonging to any person or entity other than the Entrant absent a suitable license, clearance or permission agreement (proof of which is required upon submission), or violates any person’s rights of privacy or publicity and that all necessary releases and permissions have been secured. Entrant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless each of Promotor and Administrator, and each of their owners, officers, directors, employees, franchisees and affiliated organisations, and their respective officers, directors and employees, from and against any and all claims, demands, damages, costs, liabilities and causes of action of whatsoever nature that are based upon or arise out of any breach by Entrant of these Official Rules or the warranties and representations made by Entrant in this paragraph. Modifying, enhancing or altering a third party’s pre-existing work does not qualify as Entrant’s original creation.
- Entrant agrees to release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless each of Promotor and Administrator, and each of their owners, employees, directors, officers, agents, franchisees, subcontractors, and licensees from all claims, demands, and causes of action of any nature whatsoever which Entrant or Entrant’s heirs, representatives, executors, administrators, or any other persons acting on Entrant’s behalf or on behalf of Entrant’s estate, have or may have by reason of: (I) Promotor ‘s exercise of any rights granted by Entrant in this paragraph; (ii) claims based on violation of any right of publicity or rights of personality, infringement of copyright or trademark, libel, slander, defamation, invasion of privacy, loss of earnings or potential earnings in connection with Promotor ‘s use of the Entry and any portion thereof, or the likeness of any natural person therein.
- Promotor is not responsible for any expenses incurred in the production and delivery of the Entries.
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, amend, terminate or temporarily suspend this promotion in the event of any unforeseen circumstances or technical reason outside its reasonable control, with no liability to any entrants or third parties.
Entry Content Restrictions:Entries must not contain material that:
- References tobacco, smoking or smoking products or alcoholic beverages, or otherwise contains or depicts someone smoking or intoxicated;
- Violates or infringes another’s rights, including without limitation, privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
- Contains material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- Contains any unacceptable clothing or adornments, or displays any commercial/corporate advertising other than that of Sponsor (including but not limited to corporate logos, brand names, trademarks, slogans, political, personal and religious statements);
- Contains indecent, violent, or unsafe behaviour or situations, profanities or obscenities, including but not limited to nudity, or pornography, or is otherwise inappropriate, indecent, profane, obscene, hateful, tortuous, slanderous or libellous;
- References persons without their written permission;
- Contains any personalidentification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addressesor street addresses;
- Contains materials embodying thenames, likenesses, voices or other indicia identifying any person, including,without limitation, celebrities and/or other public or private figures, livingor dead, without permission;
- Disparages any persons ororganisations;
- Includes threats to any person,place, business, or group;
- Is unlawful, in violation of orcontrary to any applicable laws and regulations.
- Failure of any Entry to comply with the above General Entry Considerations, as determined by Promotor , in its sole discretion, may result in disqualification of Entrant. Without limitation, Promotor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any Entry that, in their sole opinion, refers, depicts or in any way reflects negatively upon the Promotor , the Promotion or any other person or entity, does not comply with these Official Rules or if Promotor receives notification about any potential infringements or breaches of law or any other reason set forth herein. Entries must be suitable for presentation in a public forum, in Promotor ‘s sole determination. Promotor may, at its sole discretion, alter, edit, modify or remove parts of an Entry that do not comply with the General Entry Considerations.
- By participating in this competition, you agree to release, discharge and hold us harmless from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind resulting from your participation in this Promotion (save that nothing shall limit our liability for fraud or for death or personal injury caused by our negligence).
- If you submit an entry that includes material the rights in which are owned by a third party, including intellectual property rights such as copyright and trademarks, you will be responsible for any legal action that party may take against you.
- Entrants shall indemnify and hold the Promotor and Burt’s Bees and their respective affiliates, directors, agents, or other partners (“the Indemnities”) harmless from any claims, actions, proceedings, costs (including reasonable legal fees) and expenses brought or asserted by a third party against any of the Indemnities arising as a result of the Promotor ‘s or Burt’s Bees use of the entrant’s submission including but not limited to any breach of third party intellectual property rights.
- By submitting your entry, you grant us a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, and make derivative works of your entry in any media and through any media channel. Submitted ‘stories’ (reviews/testimonials) may be published on Burt’s Bees Facebook page(s), hosted within the Burt’s Bees Facebook ‘Tab’ app, or on Burt’s Bees UK E-commerce website, even if they are not selected as winning entries. Entrant’s names may be published alongside their stories.
- As concerns UK residents, these terms and conditions and any issues or disputes which may arise out of or in connection with these terms and conditions (whether such disputes or issues are contractual or non-contractual in nature, such as claims in tort, for breach of statute or regulation or otherwise) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Entrants hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts to settle any such dispute or issues.
- The name and region of the winner may be obtained by writing to the following address after 14th December 2017, Burts Bees marketing team, Eton House– 2nd Floor, 18-24 Paradise Road, Richmond, TW9 1SE, UK
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or Facebook. You are providing your information to Burt’s Bees Limited and not to Facebook or Instagram. By participating in this promotion you agree to a complete release of Facebook and Instagram from any claims. Participation in this promotion is subject to the official rules.