TERRACYCLE® PERSONAL CARE RECYCLING PROGRAMME
Every year personal care product packaging ends up in landfill across the United Kingdom. We are working with TerraCycle® to put an end to this enormous loss of resources.
The Burt’s Bees® Personal Care Recycling Programme allows us to recycle our personal care product packaging.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE?
You can recycle your personal care product packaging in 3 different ways:
- By dropping them off at a public drop-off location
- By setting up a public drop-off location
- By collecting them at home
To learn more, please take a look at the “How It Works” section further down the page before clicking on the button below.
HOW IT WORKS?
Once you are a member of the programme (by setting up a public drop-off location or becoming a private collector) and when you are ready to send a shipment, please follows these steps:
Download a free UPS label from our account
Print your label out and Attach your label to your parcel
Simply book a free pick-up via UPS by calling 03457 877 877 or book online via this link. Alternatively, you can also drop off your parcel at your closest UPS drop-off point, which you can find here.
WASTE THAT IS NOT ACCEPTED
- Rigid plastic bottles, pots and tubs used for personal care unless not accepted by local council facilities
- Flexible plastic tubes not used for personal care and as for moisturisers or body creams (such as hair care, shower gels, food and glue tubes)
- Flexible plastic wipes packaging not used for personal care (e.g. baby wipes and cleaning wipes)
- Deodorant, body spray or perfume
- Cardboard packaging
HOW WILL THIS WASTE BE RECYCLED?
Once collected, the personal care product packaging is separated by polymer type and cleaned (if necessary). The material is then extruded into plastic pellets to make new recycled products. To learn more about the recycling process, please check out the How We Solve page.